Is it possible to dynamically generate choice options? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Is it possible to dynamically generate choice options?

Last post 03-16-2018 08:07 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2018 08:18 AM

• Jim Li
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-14-2018
    • Posts 4

Is it possible to dynamically generate choice options?

I have a choice control that has several values. But I want to hide different options based on different users. Is it possible? More specifically, the options are gathered from 3 or 4 lists and need calculation. So the real question is, is it possible to dynamically generate choice options? The options cannot be stored in SharePoint list because each user open the form, the choice options will be different.
  • 03-16-2018 08:07 AM In reply to

Re: Is it possible to dynamically generate choice options?

When you say choice options, can you tell me more about what you mean? Is this a dropdown control? And the values available need to be combined from different lists? In general, we can only use one data source to provide options to a dropdown. If the difference is the data source used to provide the values, you could have a number of dropdown controls, bound to the same field, with different data sources for the options, and logic to show / hide the control based on other conditions, but I don't think this is quite what you are asking. If you need to merge data sources, you'll have to use code - which can't be used in some types of forms (like SharePoint list forms).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.