SubmitToSharePointList command not mapping all records by ID - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SubmitToSharePointList command not mapping all records by ID

Last post 02-08-2018 11:37 AM by GwenW. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-07-2018 11:57 AM

SubmitToSharePointList command not mapping all records by ID

I'm not sure what the culprit is, but my map is only writing one record, instead of all the records in the bundle. It's not an error (it's a success in the qRules history).

In on map (with repeating group thing set up) I actually think it's overwriting the first record ID with all the records because the data from the last record now appears in the ID for the first record (lowest ID number). So, I think there is something wrong with my ID hookup... In the map that I tried without the repeating group thing set (so the fields are the full path in the map), it seems like it's only writing the first record in the bundle (no overriding data for the wrong ID).

Here is my submit command: SubmitToSharePointList /submit=Submit /mapping=mapping_EditModel_Split1 /id=/my:myFields/my:sec_ModelEdits_A/my:sec_ModelEdits_Submit_A/my:subMod_ID (I haven't ever had to put the full path with the ID before either (not sure why I am now), but when I just put the field, I get an error.) 

The only thing really different from anything I've done before is I'm using check boxes in which I read data from the list, the user edits it and then I push back (the only other time I've used checkboxes, I only captured data and pushed to the list).  So, maybe it's something with checkboxes? 

At first, I had checkboxes in the form, but my list columns were text. So, I created different columns to use and made them Yes/No (thinking this would help), but I still get the same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. My brain has hurt for days trying to figure it out. LOL 

SharePoint 2010/InfoPath 2010/qRules 8.1

• 02-07-2018 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: SubmitToSharePointList command not mapping all records by ID

Adding some notes

• 02-07-2018 12:29 PM In reply to

Can you attach your mapping.xml file?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-07-2018 12:53 PM In reply to

This is the one that works the best (1B). I'll attach the other also...

• 02-07-2018 12:54 PM In reply to

Here's the other that I tried (1 without the B)

• 02-07-2018 04:48 PM In reply to

So, first, if you are submitting repeating data, you want to use the repeating group (your mapping named mapping_EditModel_Split1.xml is correct). You've indicated the ID field in the mapping, so don't use it in your command. Your command would be something like: SubmitToSharePointList /submit=Submit /mapping=mapping_EditModel_Split1

Not sure what the checkboxes thing is about? Are you just saying the data wasn't being saved? Or were wanting to only save rows where they were checked? 

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-08-2018 11:37 AM In reply to

Thank you! The userid thing was the issue. The checkboxes are working fine now. I've been looking at this way too long :)

Gwen 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.