Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

Last post 01-17-2018 12:39 AM by Matthias123456. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2018 05:51 AM

    Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

    Hello and happy New Year,

    this is my first post.

    I am using an Infopath 2013 form in a form library connecting to other lists on my sharepoint site.

    Now one of the other lists has been changed to use lookup data from other lists.

    I have found examples on the web like this one here https://brainspire.com/how-to-pull-in-sharepoint-lookup-additional-fields-into-infopath-form/ that tell me it is more complicated to get all the lookup attributes, but that it is nonetheless possible.

    When I tried to set-up a new data connection, I am not offered any of the lookup fields that exist in the list.

     (Screenshots from the data connection wizard in Infopath)

    Neither the SAP Plant field (see screenshot below for a couple of fields that should be included - and Entity type and Dexcription are available!) nor any of the attributes that belong to it are available. 

     

    Now while it would be possible to get the attributes from the lists where the lookup is taking the data from, I have no idea how I could connect this with the data that I am getting here as the identifier (here SAP Plant) is missing. :(

     What am I doing wrong here?

    Thank you for your advice!

    Matthias 


  • 01-15-2018 07:48 AM In reply to

    Re: Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

     I would see if a REST connection would expose these values - you can test your REST URL in the browser first, to verify the information is returned.

    Hilary Stoupa

  • 01-16-2018 02:01 AM In reply to

    Re: Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

     Hello Hilary,

    thanks for the advice. I tried my first REST connection and after some messing around I was able to get data from an ordinary lookup (at least the ID), but no lookup with pickers. :(

    Best regards

     Matthias 

  • 01-16-2018 08:01 AM In reply to

    Re: Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

    Wow - I'm surprised to hear that. So no data from those at all is returned? Are you testing in the browser? Sorry - I don't have anything like this configured in any of my test environments, so I don't have someplace to try things. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

  • 01-17-2018 12:39 AM In reply to

    Re: Data connection to sharepoint list is missing lookup fields from other list

     Hello,

    I contacted my IT support and found out that the "Lookup with Picker" is the problem here and is not a standard feature -  which is something a normal user cannot distinguish.

    I liked it because it made it possible to lookup data from subsites as well (while the ordinary lookup only accesses data on the same level), but certainly I will rework my structure and replace all the LwP with normal Lookups.

    Thank you for your input!

    Matthias 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.