Filtering Data Source w/ Translate Problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Filtering Data Source w/ Translate Problem

Last post 12-06-2017 02:35 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2017 08:19 AM

Filtering Data Source w/ Translate Problem

I went into the properties of a List Box control and placed a filter on the (Secondary) Data Source Entry, and it works just fine, the values in the list box are filtered correctly. The filter looks like this:

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW[d:Email = xdXDocument:GetDOM("User Information List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:EMail]

But when I add a translate to both side of the equation, although InfoPath accepts it without error, after publishing I notice that the list box is now completely empty, doesn't contain any values at all. The filter looks like this:

/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW[translate(d:Email, "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ", "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz") = translate(xdXDocument:GetDOM("User Information List")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:EMail, "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ", "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")]

I tested both Drop-Down and Multiple-Selection List Boxes, and they both exhibit the same behavior.

Any idea why simply adding a translate would cause this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • 12-06-2017 02:35 PM In reply to

Re: Filtering Data Source w/ Translate Problem

I keep thinking the issue is that with the translate, only the first item is being compared... It looks like you are comparing items from two different lists, is that correct? Can you just add a calculated column to each list with the lower case value of the field?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.