autopopulate mutiple-selection user only people picker in repeating section from first row in browser form infopath 2010 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

autopopulate mutiple-selection user only people picker in repeating section from first row in browser form infopath 2010

Last post 11-01-2017 02:21 PM by vivekmang. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2017 02:21 PM

autopopulate mutiple-selection user only people picker in repeating section from first row in browser form infopath 2010

I have a browser form using InfoPath 2010 which has a repeating section . Within the repeating section I have a people/group picker field and that is set to allow multiple selections of people only

what I want is that after the user enters data in the first row of the repeating section and then inserts a new item/row into the repeating section, the values that were entered in the first item/row of the repeating section should automatically carry over to the newly inserted section.

Through research done on the internet, I found there are formulas (on the rules of the repeating section) that can do this  

something like these to the set the displayName, AccountId, AccountType of the current item to those values that are in the previous row
    ../preceding-sibling::my:SharePointListItem_RW[1]/my:Users/pc:Person/pc:DisplayName
    ../preceding-sibling::my:SharePointListItem_RW[1]/my:Users/pc:Person/pc:AccountId
    ../preceding-sibling::my:SharePointListItem_RW[1]/my:Users/pc:Person/pc:AccountType

But these are only working for the very first person that is in the people picker

Like for example if the people picker in the first row has something like this-

John.doe;richard.doe;wayne.doe

all the 3 people are not carrying over to the next item in the repeating section using the above formulas 

only John Doe is coming over, the other 2 people (Richard and Wayne ) are not

is there any way to make this happen without using code (I am using a list form) and is this even possible?

Any help on this is highly appreciated 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.