Will an InfoPath List form in SharePoint list work without user having it installed - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Will an InfoPath List form in SharePoint list work without user having it installed

Last post 10-10-2017 07:27 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2017 06:36 AM

• BlakeT
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-08-2015
    • UK
    • Posts 10

Will an InfoPath List form in SharePoint list work without user having it installed

Guys,

I'm doing a bit of research ready for our migration to Office 365 and I need to know if we were to migrate now would my InfoPath 2010 list forms still be usable by the front-end users without InfoPath installed on their computers? Or would we need to redevelop them to be web-enabled InfoPath forms?

Thanks 

Blake Tague
    Senior Developer
  • 10-09-2017 05:00 PM In reply to

Re: Will an InfoPath List form in SharePoint list work without user having it installed

I'm confused, I'm sorry - List forms are browser forms by default. Are you instead talking about Filler forms? If these are list forms - they should still open up in the browser. If they are regular InfoPath forms published to a library, meant to be opened in Filler, your users will have to have InfoPath installed.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-09-2017 11:19 PM In reply to

• BlakeT
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-08-2015
    • UK
    • Posts 10

Re: Will an InfoPath List form in SharePoint list work without user having it installed

Hi Hilary,

That's the answer I was looking for, that list forms are browser forms by default, Sorry if the wording wasn't exactly on the money.

Thanks again 

Blake Tague
    Senior Developer
  • 10-10-2017 07:27 AM In reply to

Cool - yeah, I'd anticipate your customized lists will migrate correctly - the lists will have to be in classic mode in O365 & I anticipate will be, since they have customized IP forms. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.