Infopath- The form contains schema validation errors. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath- The form contains schema validation errors.

Last post 05-08-2017 11:54 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-02-2017 06:22 AM

• gmulu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2017
    • Posts 3

Infopath- The form contains schema validation errors.

Hello, I have thousands of infopath reports separated by Fiscal year 12, 13, 14, 15 archived into a shared drive from a SharePoint library. The reports are now giving the error below. The share point library where the forms resided have been deleted in 2012, 2013. The template is pointing to the correct library. I tried to reupload the template and relinking for one of the libraries, however no luck. I would really appreciate your assistance. "The form contains schema validation errors. Element '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2010-05-24T20:47:28}SummaryOpenSection' is unexpected according to content model of parent element '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2010-05-24T20:47:28}myFields'. Expecting: {http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2010-05-24T20:47:28}Question82, {http://schemas.microsoft.com/offic...." Thank you!
  • 05-02-2017 07:09 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath- The form contains schema validation errors.

So - sounds like the template has a different schema than the saved XML. You should download one of the saved XML files, and open it with a text editor, and take a look at the schema. You can also preview your current template with one of the existing XML to see what happens - you may need to set versioning to update XML prior to trying this. Feel free to attach a zip file with the XSN and one of the old XML files if you'd like me to take a look (under the options tab in a reply).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-08-2017 05:37 AM In reply to

• gmulu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2017
    • Posts 3

I opened the forms that open and the ones that do not open with notepad and compared. It is a mirror image. I am unable to send the xsn or xml due to the job. Is there anything i should be looking for when looking at the code/schema? What could be the cause that some of the files open and the others do not? Is there a fix to this at all? I am feeling a bit hopeless as extensive research on the web has gotten me no where yet. I really appreciate your help. Thank you!
  • 05-08-2017 08:03 AM In reply to

Schema validation errors indicate that the schemas will be different between the working & non working files - not to second guess you, but are you 100% sure the XML schemas are the exact same in the two you compared? Specifically SummaryOpenSection & Question82, as per the error message?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-08-2017 11:36 AM In reply to

• gmulu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-01-2017
    • Posts 3

I rechecked. The format of the xml schemas are totally different in both files that open an do not open. they seem to have the same content, but different format on how they are written. How would i be able to fix it? File that does not open Example: my:Questions> 1 1 2 2 2 1 1 File that open example: estion5>211 I hope this makes sense
  • 05-08-2017 11:54 AM In reply to

Your XML sample does not make sense - maybe something went wrong when you pasted? So - why was the template schema changed? You can use XSLT to update the old XML to match the new schema. If you have a copy of the template prior to all the schema changes, tho, you may just want to publish it as a content type (and publish your current template as a content type too) and use multiple content types in your library.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.