InfoPath Full Client - Help With Security - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath Full Client - Help With Security

Last post 04-16-2017 02:37 AM by jonlawton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2017 01:41 AM

InfoPath Full Client - Help With Security

Hi all

I work at an organization that uses InfoPath full form filler published to SharePoint Form libraries.  These forms have data connections to SQL Server and work perfectly well within the organization.  We have other staff who work at remote sites using PC's that are not logged on to the same domain as the main site (completely different organization domain).  While they can access our SharePoint site over a secured firewall connection and log in to SharePoint with an AD credential for our domain, I am having problems with them connecting to the data connection within the form.

We have opened the firewalls at both ends on the correct SQL Server ports but the form still says some of the data cannot be retrieved and it is working in offline mode.  The form was originally published with Domain security.  What do I need to do to be able to get the form to connect to the data connection within the form from the remote site?

Thanks - Jon 

• 04-12-2017 07:24 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath Full Client - Help With Security

Do these users have permission to read the DB? Is the form using integrated auth. for these SQL connections, or is there a username / password? When they get errors about data connections, is there a Details button on the error message they can click to get more info on the error?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-16-2017 02:37 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath Full Client - Help With Security

Hi Hilary The data connection is using a SQL login and password and not using integrated auth. I'm not sure what the message is when the details button is clicked. I will contact the client next week when I back at work and see if there is anything in the message that can identify. I will also double check the firewalls are allowing SQL traffic through. I will let you know. Thanks - Jon
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.