Calculated Column Tabulating Data from Two Separate Columns - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Calculated Column Tabulating Data from Two Separate Columns

Last post 04-25-2017 03:41 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-05-2017 01:59 PM

Calculated Column Tabulating Data from Two Separate Columns

I have a 'Park' column and a 'Status' column on the same list. I'd like to created a calculated column called 'Total'. This column would use a formula to read the 'Park' column to determine the number of times a specific park appears AND also is shown as "compliant" in the 'Status' column. I've tried several COUNT and COUNTIF iterations, with no luck. Is this doable? 

Filed under:
  • 04-14-2017 07:23 AM In reply to

Re: Calculated Column Tabulating Data from Two Separate Columns

InfoPath doesn't support COUNTIF. You can use count - you just end up having to add a filter to the row. The filter depends on a number of factors, but it sounds like you are trying to create totals for each park? You can attach your form under the options tab & I'll give you a hand.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-14-2017 09:04 AM In reply to

Here is the form where the data is displayed. There is a repeating table, center page, with 'No of Systems' and 'Systems Inspected'. The information comes from one of two lists; 'Park-wide Compliance', on which I manually add the totals after updating the 'Park A-123 Compliance List', which has 'Park Name' column (there are potentially 61 parks, and each park can appear several times on the list), a 'Compliance' column. The is also a 'Status' column that will have a corresponding 'Compliant' or 'Noncompliant'. I am trying to total the number of times each park appears in the 'Park Name' column that also appear as 'Compliant' in the Status column.  

• 04-17-2017 07:34 AM In reply to

What is the name of the data connection with the "status" column?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-17-2017 10:45 AM In reply to

PWR Annual Fire and Life Safety System ITM Compliance List.

• 04-18-2017 07:30 AM In reply to

Well, I still am not sure I have a good grip on what you want, but I did add a total column to your repeating table with a filtered count expression that will hopefully get you pointed in the right direction. Save the attached form locally. Right click and select Design to open in design mode. From there you can take a look at the expression, or try it in preview. I did run into the usual IP browser form bug where it thinks an expression that performs a function on a repeating node might return more than one item, so had to modify the view file manually as per this blog post: http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2012/01/19/ipfs-design-checker-errors-amp-print-preview.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2017 08:17 AM In reply to

The column only gave me '0' when I choose a park that has 14 systems with 8 compliant (the totals are manually counted and configured by me in the list.

If doing what I'd like it to do, the column you worked on would also read 8, in this case.

What I am trying to do is get the column you worked on to automatically provide the total of compliant inspections for the park chosen in the Park field at the top. 

Filed under:
  • 04-25-2017 03:41 PM In reply to

Can you attach a screenshot showing the list & data?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.