Lookup Data in second list from a form in an anonymous list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Lookup Data in second list from a form in an anonymous list

Last post 02-14-2017 09:38 AM by mattpalmgren. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2017 01:04 PM

Lookup Data in second list from a form in an anonymous list

I have two lists (not forms libraries). List 1 contains information about people (Full Name, Employee ID, and Phone Number) and can only be accessed when logged in. List 2 contains information about training requests (Training Requested, Requested Session Date, Employee ID, and Phone Number) and is accessed anonymously. I would like a user to go to List 2 and create a new item. They would enter in the Training they would like to take, enter the date they want to take it, and enter their Employee ID. When they submit the form, I want the form to grab the Employee ID they entered, look for it in List 1, and if it is found, grab the user's phone number from List 1, and enter it in the Phone Number field on the form. So it is like an Excel vlookup from an anonymous list to a secure list. Is there a way to do this using Secure Store? Thanks!
  • 02-13-2017 03:33 PM In reply to

Re: Lookup Data in second list from a form in an anonymous list

I'm also looking to do something very similar but have found no solutions.  Looking forward to seeing any suggestions on how or if this is possible within an InfoPath form.

• 02-14-2017 08:54 AM In reply to

Did you try already w/ a UDCX using secure store? The reason I hadn't answered this is because w/out trying, I would only be guessing. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-14-2017 09:38 AM In reply to

Thanks so much Hilary. Yes I created a UDCX connection using secure store. I am getting a 5566 error :(
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.