Now() and Today() functions - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Now() and Today() functions

Last post 02-07-2017 09:32 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-05-2017 09:34 PM

Now() and Today() functions

Hi all,

I am creating an InfoPath Browser Form by qRules SubmitToSharepointList. There, only when one checkbox is click, I want to set one textbox field to current date and time. I used Now() function for it (when checkbox is click, set textbox field to Now() ). But when I submit to list, time is changing always. How can it be done not to be changing the time.

With thanks,

• 02-06-2017 04:43 PM In reply to

Re: Now() and Today() functions

I'm sorry, I am having a hard time understanding this - can you attach your form to a reply, under the options tab, and I can take a look?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-06-2017 07:09 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my unclear question.

I attached Sample Form for what I want to do. After injecting qRules in that form, I will submit it to one SharePoint List.

In fact, I want to calculate elapsed time between start_datetime and complete_datetime. But after submitting to list, when i tried to check in the list, start_datetime and complete_datetime are the same.

Thanks in advance.

• 02-07-2017 07:40 AM In reply to

The form looks fine - you are setting the fields to now() when you check the checkbox.... when you test this, are you waiting more than a minute between the two? That is, perhaps your list isn't displaying to the second?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-07-2017 08:11 AM In reply to

Sure, I tried to wait for a few minutes. After checking the checkbox, in my actual browser form, there are some other fields to be done before checking complete checkbox.

Thanks.

• 02-07-2017 09:32 AM In reply to

The sample form doesn't have qRules or a SharePoint list mapping. Can you attach your mapping XML file?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.