Browser form not updating SharePoint consistently. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Browser form not updating SharePoint consistently.

Last post 02-03-2017 02:41 PM by Jim Cantwell. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2017 05:27 AM

Browser form not updating SharePoint consistently.

Hi

I am using SharePoint 2010.  I have an InfoPath browser form injected with Q-rules 7.1

I have a SharePoint list currently with 7 items in it, the List does not inherit permissions, but all items in the list inherit permissions from the list.  The List contains book titles and several other columns including RequestedBy.  The list has several Nintex workflows associated with it, one should be triggered by the change to the RequestedBy field.

The form displays the list of books available to borrow in a repeating table.  Next to each item there is button which uses the SubmitToSharePointList command to update RequestedBy in the list.

I have ticked the Use Web Services option in QRules.

In preview mode when I go down the list and click the button every item gets updated correctly - and the appropriate workflow is triggered.

When I do the same from the browser form (this is displayed using the InfoPath web part), only some of the items get updated.  The other items have the error from the SubmitToSharePointList command which is shown at the end of the post.  The items which are updated do trigger the Nintex workflow to fire.

If I delete the updates and repeat the test the same symptom is seen, but the items which are not updated are not consistent.  (It is approximately every other item which gets updated successfully - but again this is not always the case)

I have tried setting Use Browser Api in Q-rules to true and ALL of the items get updated correctly BUT the Nintex workflow is not triggered.

This is a very simple form - and I don't know what I am doing wrongly. Any help gratefully received.   

Catharine

Error 

Failed to submit to SharePoint. URL = 'http://xxxxx/departments/HR/LD/_vti_bin/lists.asmx'. Exception: Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.DataAdapterException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean[] inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, DataAdapter adapter, Document document, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.HandleExecWebRequestException(Document document, Exception exception, ExecWebRequestExceptionState state, Byte[] exceptionResponse, Ids errorId)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean[] inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, DataAdapter adapter, Document document, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.DataAdapterWebServiceSubmit.Execute(Document document, Uri soapAction, Uri serviceUrl, XPathNavigator querySubDOM, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Int64 timeout, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.DataAdapterWebServiceSubmit.ExecuteInternal(XPathNavigator queryFields, XPathNavigator resultFields, XPathNavigator errors)
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.WebServiceConnectionHost.<>c__DisplayClass17.<Execute>b__16()
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.DocumentLifetime.OMExceptionManager.ExecuteOMCallWithExceptions(OMCall d, ExceptionFilter exceptionFilter) LogId: 5567 Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
       at Microsoft.Office.InfoPath.Server.SolutionLifetime.WebServiceHelper.ExecWebRequestSync(XPathNavigator inputSubDOM, Boolean[] inputUseDataset, XPathNavigator resultsSubDOM, Boolean resultUseDataset, XPathNavigator errorsSubDOM, Uri serviceUrl, Uri soapAction, Int64 timeOutMillisec, DataAdapter adapter, Document document, DataAdapterCredentials credentials, Boolean useDcl, Boolean useProxy, Boolean useSelf). Full error node text: No error node text available.

• 02-03-2017 08:29 AM In reply to

Re: Browser form not updating SharePoint consistently.

First thing to check is that  DBXL web.config has the <System.Workflow.ComponentModel.WorkflowCompiler> section copied from the SharePoint web.config.  This is required for workflows to function properly when updated by DBXL (and not using web services option). 

If you need to use web services with a browser form, you likely need to convert the connection to a udcx and specify credentials in the secure store service.  The drawback is the modifiedby will reflect the credentials specified in the secure store service.

• 02-03-2017 09:12 AM In reply to

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the reply - I have done some more testing and the form was submitting successfully on alternate attempts. 

So I have added to the rule - where the SubmitToSharePointList is performed.  If Success (in Q-Rules data source) is false - do it again.  And that seems to work.

Since making that change I have had periods where submit is succeeding first time every time... and periods where it needs to be sent twice.

It is definitely not ideal - but it seems to work as a "work around"

If I don't have webservices switched to yes - it works 100% of the time - but the workflows never get triggered.  Is there a different way to trigger the workflows ?

Catharine 

• 02-03-2017 09:23 AM In reply to

Hi Jim,

Just re-reading your reply - where do I updated dbxl ?  I don't think I am using dbxl at all - maybe I am having a Friday afternoon moment - but I am using an InfoPath form that I have published straight to SharePoint and I am displaying that browser form in a SharePoint webpage using the InfoPath form webpart which I believe is OOB SharePoint.

Catharine 

• 02-03-2017 02:41 PM In reply to

My apologies Catharine, I was having a Friday morning moment. Not sure why I was thinking this was DBXL related.

I will check if we've seen this issue with Nintex workflows before.   You might test whether a SharePoint workflow will start properly, and determine if it is Nintex specific, or general SharePoint workflow related.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.