Can I add digital signatures to a InfoPath LIST Form? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Can I add digital signatures to a InfoPath LIST Form?

Last post 07-02-2020 09:55 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2016 09:56 AM

Can I add digital signatures to a InfoPath LIST Form?

Good Afternoon, I have been using InfoPath successfully now for years... there is not much you cannot do when you can manipulate InfoPath...

BUT I am now in an environment that does not allow use of FORM Libraries .... Only LIST Libraries....

I need to add 4 Digital Signatures to the my form, I am able to add Sections but there is no opportunity to add or allow Digital Signing...  

Does anyone have a solution? Even if it just recording the identify of the current user when they click an Approve Check box.... and displaying it... Anything....

I am stumped.... Thank you!  

• 11-02-2016 04:28 PM In reply to

Re: Can I add digital signatures to a InfoPath LIST Form?

Digital signatures aren't available. But you could have an approve button and record the user name and date time in another field when they approve. I'd probably keep it simple with a 1st Approval field, 2nd Approval field, etc. Then when the approve button is clicked, if 1st Approval field is blank, set it to the user name function concatenated with now, to have the user & the date time. If 1st approval is not blank, but 2nd is, set 2nd approver instead, and so on. Once 4th Approver has data in it, hide the approve button. Hope that makes sense. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2016 09:38 AM In reply to

Thank you Hilary! That is what I will do. I did not think to hide the approval button... Perfect! Thank you! Anne

• 11-07-2016 06:34 AM In reply to

Hi Hillary, I have a quick question... Why can I not able to use the InfoPath Filler option that allows digital signatures. When I try to use it I am able to build the form library, build the form, adding digital signature is not a problem but I am not able to publish the form. Is there a setting the folks with the server can change? or could it be a different version of SharePoint that they have compared to what I had previously used? I am just s site owner working on another organizations SharePoint server. Can you give my an idea of what questions to ask to try to figure out why the InfoPath form library forms will not publish?... THANK YOU !

• 11-07-2016 08:02 AM In reply to

Filler forms don't submit to lists, but they do to libraries. What do you mean by not being able to publish the form? Do you get an error or something?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-07-2016 09:04 AM In reply to

Yes, I have been making do with the List Forms but now I need to add Digital Signatures. So I have been trying to use the Form Libraries but I cannot seem to get them to Publish. I Created the Form Library, built the form, and then tried to publish..,. I get this error everytime...

InfoPath cannot save the following form:

....Http address here.... 

This document library was either renamed or deleted or network problems are preventing the file from being saved. If this problem persists, contact your network administrators.  

Can you assist? Thank you! Anne 

• 11-07-2016 09:28 AM In reply to

Try creating a new, blank form. Without creating the library in advance, try publishing your form to that library. Same issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-07-2016 09:52 AM In reply to

Same error Hillary... Any thoughts?

THANK YOU ! Anne 

• 11-07-2016 09:55 AM In reply to

Do you have a SharePoint Admin for your server who might be able to help? Maybe this is some permissions issue? I'm just not sure.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-02-2020 02:14 AM In reply to

Dear Ms. Hilary Stoupa, Could you please help me make a sample file for this approval
  • 07-02-2020 09:55 AM In reply to

Is this question in regard to this post? This poster was asking about adding digital signatures to list forms, which I don't believe is possible.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.