InfoPath List form problem submitting to secondary list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath List form problem submitting to secondary list

Last post 09-21-2016 11:33 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2016 08:18 AM

InfoPath List form problem submitting to secondary list

(SharePoint 2010, Infopath 2010)

I have an infopath list form customized and published to a SharePoint list. i have 2 secondary data connection, 1 to an XML file with the CAML and another to the lists.asmx service.

the problem i can't figure out, is if i preview the form in infopath design view, and press my submit button (using the CAML) i get an entry in my secondary SharePoint list. However, if i try to do this from SharePoint ( the form opens in the dialog box) nothing gets submitted to my secondary list.

any suggestions?

or is this just something browser forms can't do ? (even though it let me set it up.)

side note: I'm not opposed to opening the form in infopath as a last resort, but I'm not sure how to do that either. i think I'm missing a SharePoint option, only options i see are open in dialog or not (which opens it in a new tab)

Filed under: , ,
  • 09-21-2016 10:25 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath List form problem submitting to secondary list

Do you get an error in SharePoint when you try to submit to your lists web service data connection? There are server settings that sometimes prevent using SharePoint web services in browser forms. This is a list form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-21-2016 11:16 AM In reply to

I'm not sure. I press the button and nothing happens (aside from hiding that section after submit). Yes this is a list form.
  • 09-21-2016 11:33 AM In reply to

I've not tried submitting to another list from a list form using CAML & lists web service, so I'm not sure what to expect. I know with a browser form that is published to a library we can use CAML & the lists web service.... But since it is a list form, that's why you don't have an option to open in filler....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.