Sharepoint form reviewed but want submitter to clarify..how to notify them to update form to resubmit.. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sharepoint form reviewed but want submitter to clarify..how to notify them to update form to resubmit..

Last post 09-19-2016 07:22 AM by mythos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2016 10:48 PM

Sharepoint form reviewed but want submitter to clarify..how to notify them to update form to resubmit..

Okay,

My subject is a bit long but need some help for a new guy.  I built a form to gather any improvement areas others might see needed.  They submit the form and the idea or improvement that is submitted a team reviews the submissions.  In the review process I have options of approval, denied, and the one I would also have is clarify.  With the clarify when I pick this and add my notes to the submitted form of our users I want to make sure that the user is then notified either to go into sharepoint and review their form submission to update it and resubmit with what needs to be clarified.  This then allows myself and team to not have to reach out to each person via face to face or phone time.  Are there various ways this can be done and if so how can I make this happen.  I would like to limit it to as little code writing as possible and utilize sharepoint settings as much as possible.  If code writing involved please share for I'm finding that is not easy to find online help with.  I hope I have made this clear enough.  Short - form submitted by crew, team reviews submissions and team has categories submission, categories would be approved, denied, researching, and clarify.  Clarify currently is biggest concern for we want to notify crew they need to go back to the form and update what the submission they did by updating it with missing details we need clarified. 

I appreciate any insight if this is possible or if I'm thinking sharepoint can do more than what I believe it is capable of doing.

Thank you. 

• 09-19-2016 07:22 AM In reply to

• mythos
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2016
    • Posts 2

Re: Sharepoint form reviewed but want submitter to clarify..how to notify them to update form to resubmit..

If you turn on the option to require approval for list items (under library settings, versioning settings, top option), then you can reject items that require clarification with the comment "Clarify" or some such. On the "My Submissions" view that is created when you turn on approval, users can see their item as rejected and can see the comment. They can then modify the item, which will change its status back to "pending."

None of this will automatically alert the user that their item was rejected for clarification. You may, however, be able to set up a SharePoint workflow that could do that. I don't have an offhand description of how that would work, but perhaps someone else here has a suggestion. You could also go to SharePoint forums like stackexchange for further advice. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.