REST connection and IP Browser Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

REST connection and IP Browser Form

Last post 09-08-2016 03:23 PM by sharepointing.and.lost. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2016 11:48 PM

REST connection and IP Browser Form

Hi. I hope someone can shed some light in this issue. I'm currently using a REST connection in an IP-browser form. On local machine preview, the form gives the correct output but after publishing, this error was given:

XML data that is required for this form to function correctly cannot be found.
    An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server.
    Log ID:5566
    Correlation ID:c9bc9f9d-435c-2078-dcdf-cf9513324752

I've seen some posts about REST issues on browser forms but I'm not too sure if those apply in my case since my REST connection points in the same location as to where the form library is connected. I need to have this because we're planning to deploy this form on different sites (we're talking about 10k+ sites here) and I don't think it's feasible to edit each and every data connections within IP (4 REST data connections in the IP form). That's why I decided to use REST data connection and "Change REST URL" rule.

I also saw some posts on editing registry values but I'm not sure if that's possible in my case as I don't have access on the SP-server.

I really hope anyone can give me an idea on this one.

• 09-08-2016 07:56 AM In reply to

Re: REST connection and IP Browser Form

Unfortunately, you are going to need to work with your SharePoint Admins on this one - this is likely caused by a server setting. Have them check the correlation ID in the log files and do some searching on disabling loopback check.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-08-2016 03:23 PM In reply to

Re: REST connection and IP Browser Form

Thanks for the response, Hilary.

What I did instead was to use lists.asmx SOAP web service then incorporated QRules (ChangeConnectionUrl and GetListGuid commands)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.