Mark an Item As Complete - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Mark an Item As Complete

Last post 09-13-2016 01:21 PM by ttrotman. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2016 02:18 PM

Mark an Item As Complete

Hey everybody, I have a question about repeating tables with InfoPath 2010. I have a form where User A adds as many rows as necessary in a repeating table. The rows each have 4 fields (drop down, radio button, plain text, plain text) User A can, for example, add three rows to the repeating table. In each row, User A would set the appropriate entry in the drop down. The other users are notified if their office is selected in the drop down. I would like the other users to access the form and then update the remaining fields (radio button, plain text, plain text) for each entry. AFTER they've made those updates, I'd like User A to be notified that everyone is done making their updates. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    I love InfoPath
  • 09-01-2016 08:15 AM In reply to

Re: Mark an Item As Complete

How will you know when everyone is done with their updates? All fields are filled? You could use submit rules, and if all instances of all the repeating fields are filled, for example, send User A an email. I'd probably use a helper field for this that has a default value that calculates to true when all fields are filled.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-06-2016 02:16 PM In reply to

First off, thanks for replying. I was starting to worry :-) Anyway, I've got a couple screenshots to explain. This first pic is what the fform looks like when User A is setting it up for other people to sign.
    I love InfoPath
  • 09-06-2016 02:22 PM In reply to

This second screenshot is what it looks like after User A has set up the form to be signed by three different users. I want to be able to have the three selected users access the form and 1 - concur or non-concur and 2 - sign it. Comments aren't mandatory. And that extra field is one I created while trying to figure this out. When All users have concur'd or non-concur'd AND signed. This portion of the form is done and I'd like User A to be notified.
    I love InfoPath
  • 09-06-2016 02:23 PM In reply to

Does that make sense? Sorry for the double post but I couldn't figure out how to put two files in one post.
    I love InfoPath
  • 09-06-2016 02:31 PM In reply to

Yup, it makes sense - and yeah, you can only add one attachment to a post, so multiple posts is the only choice. :)

Use rules for submit. Add a rule that emails User A. For conditions, I think I'd just make sure all the "signature" fields are populated.  You can select "all instances" for a repeating field for a condition in your submit rule - I'm including a screenshot.

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-07-2016 08:48 AM In reply to

Thanks! I'll give this a shot.
    I love InfoPath
  • 09-13-2016 01:21 PM In reply to

worked perfectly. thanks!
    I love InfoPath
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.