People Picker email problem - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

People Picker email problem

Last post 08-17-2016 07:47 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-05-2016 08:37 AM

People Picker email problem

Hi, we went back to using SharePoint 2010 because Microsoft released some patches not long ago that rendered our SharePoint 2013 Infopath form unusable. I've had to re-write a bit of our form that we were using, which has caused a problem with the email that gets sent out from the form. I have a People Picker in my form and I want the form to send out an email to the person that's listed in the people picker, but it's failing to do so. I've created a Workflow that sends an email to the AccountID of the person named in the field. Our SharePoint AD is synced with the network AD and all of our email addresses are in each AD account. I thought it might be because I was using the AccountID attribute of the People Picker group. Should I be using "DisplayName" instead? I've tried it but it doesn't work. We used AccountID last time and it worked flawlessly, I wonder why it won't work now? Is there someone out there who can help me? This is a business-critical form and it's been out of commission now for months since the patch and I"m at my wit's end with this. I can't wait until I never have to look at this form again.
  • 08-17-2016 07:47 AM In reply to

Re: People Picker email problem

So - you are promoting the account id field and then the workflow sends the email? I'd assume that would work, and am surprised it doesn't. Is there an error from the workflow?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.