Large amount of repeating data disappearing from List and XSN form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Large amount of repeating data disappearing from List and XSN form

Last post 07-22-2016 09:01 AM by qRules is qool. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2016 05:39 AM

Large amount of repeating data disappearing from List and XSN form

Hi all,

I have a qRules-injected, browser-enabled form that has a repeating table inside a repeating section. I have about a dozen repeating section nodes, and lots of nodes within the repeating tables in each repeating section. When the amount of repeating table rows/nodes gets to about 75-80, all the repeating data disappears upon save, and it seems to be random. There is no error message or pattern. The form saves "successfully" but all the repeating table data is gone. What's left is the repeating sections, now blank.

What's even more bizarre is that the SharePoint list that houses all the repeating table nodes also loses all the data. It's like the form just decides to reset at some point. This is a major concern for my users, especially because it happens when so much information has already been filled out.

Please help!

Eugene

UPDATE:  it has nothing to do with the SubmitToSharePointList command. I have two save buttons, one to submit to the form library, and another button to submit to the list. The data disappears regardless of which button is clicked. First I tested with the button that submits to the list, and the second time with the button that submits to the form library. All the repeating table nodes disappeared both times.

There is one key difference:  when I clicked the button that submits to the list and the data disappeared, I was able to close the form itself without saving, re-open it, and the data was still there in the form. It was only missing in the SharePoint list on the backend. That makes sense, since the button did not overwrite the form data itself, only the list data.

When I clicked on the button that submits to the form library, the opposite happened. The list data was retained since the button did not submit to the list, but the form data was gone since it had been overwritten.

My hunch is that there is some kind of data limitation either in my company or in InfoPath in general that prevents going beyond ~75 repeating table nodes. FYI, each of my nodes has 16 fields, 11 of which are submitted to a SharePoint list (including the ID field), and 2 more fields that are submitted with each node but not part of the repeating table. Assuming the data disappears at 75 repeating nodes, that means InfoPath has to save 75 nodes * 16 repeating fields per node = 1,200 repeating fields total upon saving.

My fingers are crossed that someone can help me on this one! It's really important for this form to work properly. Thank you in advance!! 

• 07-20-2016 04:05 PM In reply to

Re: Large amount of repeating data disappearing from List and XSN form

So - I would start by trying to narrow down the issue.

Since your form has qRules and is published directly to a form library, it is in the SharePoint Sandbox. I think it would be a good test to try the form outside of the sandbox and see if you have the same issue.

Is it possible for you to publish the form as admin approved and have a SharePoint Admin upload it to Central Admin? I have lately seen much better performance in general with qRules forms as admin deployed templates vs. sandboxed. 

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-21-2016 07:37 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, my company doesn't allow publishing as an admin approved form. I will look into this as a long-term solution.

• 07-21-2016 07:56 AM In reply to

Okay - if admin deploy isn't possible, I guess the next thing I'd do is test the template without qRules - I can remove qRules from a copy of the form, you can publish it to a new test library, and then you can see if the issue is reproduced in the form when it doesn't have code (and thus is not in the sandbox).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-21-2016 03:51 PM In reply to

Here is a copy of the form with the code DLL removed. Maybe try publishing it to a new library, upload one of your existing large XML to the library, relink it to this template and see if you can reproduce the issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-22-2016 09:01 AM In reply to

Thank you! I will let you know what I uncover from testing.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.