Functioning qRules/infopath forms moved to record center no longer open - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Functioning qRules/infopath forms moved to record center no longer open

Last post 07-17-2016 09:53 AM by scrivies. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2016 11:13 AM

Functioning qRules/infopath forms moved to record center no longer open

I created a forms library based on a qRules form template/content type for our vacation requests.  The library gets large so I created a record center where the forms get moved after 3 months based on an information policy.

After the forms are moved to the record center form library, (created based on the same content type as the original form library) they no longer open.

We get the:" InfoPath cannot open the following file..... The form template is trying to access files and settings on your computer.....not fully trusted....."   error. 

The record center form library is set to open in browser and if I try to create an item directly in the library it opens the correct form.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thank you 

• 07-15-2016 02:19 PM In reply to

Re: Functioning qRules/infopath forms moved to record center no longer open

Hmmm. So - your forms are moved - but they would still be linked to their original template (that is just the way InfoPath is) unless you relink them - is the new library on the same site? It sounds like when you try to open the moved forms they try to open in filler instead of the browser.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-15-2016 02:44 PM In reply to

Yes it trys to open in filler instead of the browser.

I did a  relink which ran successfully, but alas no luck!

The new library is in a new Record Center site (different site than the original) but it's the same content type/published InfoPath svcs form so I don't understand.

I created a single view of the form template on my computer so I can at least download the form .xml files, edit with new location /version and open.....this is not a great option tho.

ANY thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks 

• 07-16-2016 05:51 AM In reply to

How odd. So relinking didn't allow the files to now open with the content type in the browser in the new library.... These sites are on the same site collection and using the same content type? (I realize that is what you wrote, just triple checking...)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-17-2016 09:53 AM In reply to

Yes - relinking did NOT allow the files to open in the new library.

Yes - same site collection/same content type. 

It makes no sense that if I click  "Add Document"  in the new library the published form template opens as expected.  

FYI - I have another form library (also moved to record center after 3 months via info policy) using a custom InfoPath form (no code or qrules tho) published to the library --not IPFS--- and all those forms open in the record center library    just fine.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.