Web service "Access Denied" on local machine - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Web service "Access Denied" on local machine

Last post 06-21-2016 06:54 PM by sharepointing.and.lost. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2016 03:46 PM

Web service "Access Denied" on local machine

Hi guys. I hope you can help me out as I'm reaching my wit's end here. I received a web service link to use as data connection on my infopath form. The web service link is accessible and my colleagues can connect on it (they tried on their machines) but when I tried it on my local machine, I received an "Access Denied" error. I was then given an "admin" account which they use and still, the same error appeared. My colleagues then tried to test said connection by using their credentials on my local machine, the error appeared once more.

My form is set to "Full Trust" and with "Admin Approved Forms" I was able to publish said form to Sharepoint without any issues (without the WSDL connection).

Here is the actual error message.

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:
    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Access denied: Access to the requested webservice method cannot be granted with the credentials supplied.
    at xxx.Interfaces.yyyWebSvc.searchsomething(String Name)
    at xxx.Interfaces.WS.yyyWebSvcWS.searchsomething(String Name)
    test.zzz.com/whateverAccess denied: Access to the requested webservice method cannot be granted with the credentials supplied.System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException at xxx.Core.ActivityManager.AddToCallChain(String targetInterface, String methodName, String siteCode, SOAPHeaderPair SOAPHeaders, Isolation isoLevel, Genesis txGenesis, Object[] methodArgs)
    at xxx.Core.ActivityManager.AddToCallChain(String targetInterface, String methodName, String siteCode, SOAPHeaderPair SOAPHeaders)
    at xxx.Interfaces.yyyWebSvc.searchsomething(String Name)

• 06-20-2016 04:15 PM In reply to

Re: Web service "Access Denied" on local machine

Is this a browser form or a filler form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-20-2016 04:19 PM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:
    Is this a browser form or a filler form?
    Hi Hilary! This is a browser form
  • 06-20-2016 04:40 PM In reply to

Hmmm. I am not sure - is the site with the web service in your local intranet? You can access the web service in the browser on your machine.... I wonder if converting the data connection to UDCX might help?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-20-2016 05:02 PM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:
    Hmmm. I am not sure - is the site with the web service in your local intranet? You can access the web service in the browser on your machine.... I wonder if converting the data connection to UDCX might help?
    I think that's what we're trying to do :( I'm adding the data connection first before I can convert it (as per my colleague's guidance as they say this is the process. Not too sure if they're refering to UDCX though) but I can't do the convert procedure without successfully trying to add the data connection first. My supervisor is currently rechecking the codes.
  • 06-20-2016 05:02 PM In reply to

-- deleting post as this is a duplicate of the one above --
  • 06-21-2016 08:21 AM In reply to

I see - I hadn't realized your error was when you tried to create the data connection.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-21-2016 06:54 PM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:
    I see - I hadn't realized your error was when you tried to create the data connection.
    Hi Hilary - This is now done. I think our dev team did some changes on the code. We were able to successfully convert the connections to UDCX. The thing is, when I uploaded the UDCX file into our data connection library, infopath fails to use the connection. 5566 error but when my colleague downloaded the same UDCX file and uploaded it on the same data connection library (she just renamed the UDCX file/connection), the connection kicked in without issue. We both have the same access/permission level and the only difference between the two files is the indention. I really find it weird but the infopath form is now working :)
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.