InfoPath 2010 - cannot open in browser after submission from InfoPath Designer - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2010 - cannot open in browser after submission from InfoPath Designer

Last post 06-27-2016 10:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2016 01:53 PM

InfoPath 2010 - cannot open in browser after submission from InfoPath Designer

I've had trouble with this before as when I submit a form during development using InfoPath, I can never open that form again in the web browser. Each attempt just throws up a little message box asking me if I want to save it or whatever, or some such message. Before, I just made a mental note to not do any test submissions until I publish the form and I do them in the browser.

I now need to get past this problem as I have built a lock on the page that does an automatic submission on a form when it has been opened after the initial submission to save the lock information and prevent others from overwriting the form when someone in the committee is processing that form. After they submit their changes, the form is again unlocked when they submit it. So, now when the user loads the form, it does an automatic submit in the background, and all works as expected.

The problem I am having is: if I am working on the form using InfoPath Designer and load the form, that form is not ever able to open in a browser again.

So I have some questions.

1. Is this just me or is there some sort of phantom in the works causing this? (Is it only happening to me?)

2. Is there a fix, and if not is there a workaround? 

Thanks,

Ray 

• 06-27-2016 10:51 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2010 - cannot open in browser after submission from InfoPath Designer

Well - your submitted file is linked to the form you have open in designer - so likely somewhere on your local machine, where you save it to work on it. Go to the relink view and sort by the template URL and you should be able to find the outliers and relink them.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.