SaveToSharepoint with metadata - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SaveToSharepoint with metadata

Last post 06-20-2016 04:33 PM by sharepointing.and.lost. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2016 03:04 PM

SaveToSharepoint with metadata

Hi! I'm currently tasked to create a form which accepts multiple attachments. Each attachments have corresponding fields which are needed to be saved into the document library's metadata (document's properties). I was able to save the attachments using QRule's "SaveToSharepoint" command but don't have any idea how to add the other columns into the library's metadata. Not too sure if this was asked before. If so, kindly direct me to the right thread. Thanks so much =)
  • 06-15-2016 08:21 AM In reply to

Re: SaveToSharepoint with metadata

SaveToSharePoint doesn't have the option to include metadata, unfortunately. You could use SubmitToSharePointList and create list items with attachments? Would that work for you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-20-2016 04:33 PM In reply to

Re: SaveToSharepoint with metadata

Hilary Stoupa:
    SaveToSharePoint doesn't have the option to include metadata, unfortunately. You could use SubmitToSharePointList and create list items with attachments? Would that work for you?
    Hi Hilary! The requirement is a bit complex (as we're referring to multiple attachments in one form) but part of your suggestion is what I did.

• 1. I used "SaveToSharePoint" to save the attachments in a document library
      2. Did a "SubmitToSharePointList" to save the metadata in a somewhat temporary list (let's call this AttachDocsList)
      3. Created a workflow to update the metadata of the main doc library with the data from AttachDocsList
  • I think I just made my life difficult since I kept in mind that they need a "document library" :( I'll recreate the mappings with your suggestion. Why did I miss that part?! Lolz! Thanks and will provide an update soon.

-- UPDATE --

So, I was able to successfully include the attachment into the list. I'll just wait and present it to my stakeholder for approval and try to sell the idea to have the attachments on the list instead in the document library.

Thanks so much, Hilary! I love browsing through this forum because of you :D I'm a fan!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.