Make Person Picker get its values from other Person Picker - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Make Person Picker get its values from other Person Picker

Last post 06-06-2016 02:17 PM by Hurrynd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2016 02:57 PM

Make Person Picker get its values from other Person Picker

EDIT: I CAN'T MAKE THIS POST INCLUDES THE ENTERS THAT I MAKE. IT LOOKS AWFUL ALL LIKE IN ONE PARAGRAPH. Hi, this is my first post so please apologies if it is not located on the right section. Let me know and I promise to learn where to put upcoming ones. I have a SharePoint 2013 List. The SharePoint List has several columns, but three of them are "Person/Group" columns. One is configured to show the Name of the person, other the Office of the person, and the third one to show the Department of the person. My job is to make it simple to the user imputing the information, and avoid him to write three times the name of the person in each Person/Group section. I modify the List form in InfoPath 2013, and tried to connect the other two Person Picker controls to the first one (The one who shows the Name of the user), but if I put more than one values, the other two columns only retrieve the first one. I searched online and even in forums here, and some options were the Double Eval, but this led me to other issue. It "worked", I wrote several users, and the other two Person Pickers did duplicated the values once I clicked on "Check Names", but it showed them as "i:0#.f|membership|user@domain.com". So then I looked for a solution to remove the "i:0#.f|membership|" part and only show the "user@domain.com", and I found the "substring-after" solution, but I don't know how to write or combine this two formulas (Eval and Substring-after) in order to get the issue solved, or if they are even "mixable". What I want is that when I write: First PP - user1 ; user2 ; user3 Second PP - Third PP - And then when I click on "check names" it appears: First PP - UserName1 ; UserName2; UserName3 Second PP - UserName1 ; UserName2; UserName3 Third PP - UserName1 ; UserName2; UserName3 Is there a possible way to make several Person Picker get the values from other? O if not, a way to duplicate the values? Sorry for the long post, but thanks in advance for your comments! Have a great day.
  • 06-03-2016 03:13 PM In reply to

Re: Make Person Picker get its values from other Person Picker

The formatting thing is kinda rough here - I find that it works well with Internet Explorer, but if I use a different browser, I end up with a wall 'o text like you just did.

I think the root of the issue is that a person picker that allows multiple people is really a repeating group - and we can't use rules to create new instances of a repeating group. Also, I've found in list forms, that using rules to set the value of a people picker only seems to work in a new form, not in any edits. Yuck.

So - maybe instead of using InfoPath to customize your list, you could use a SharePoint workflow to populate the other person columns? I haven't tried it, but it seems like it might be an option? 

Hilary Stoupa

• 06-06-2016 02:17 PM In reply to

Re: Make Person Picker get its values from other Person Picker

Hi Hilary!

First of all, thanks for answering my question. I'm writing the reply via Internet Explorer, hopefully it will show the spaces and Enter's well.

I would love to use the Workflow solution, neither do I have tried that option, but I do have interacted with Workflows. The only problem is that where I work the SharePoint Designer is blocked and we cannot use it to modify lists/workflows/pages, well, anything, so I kinda alone here haha.

It seems that I don't have tools to work hahaha.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.