Selected rich text formatting options are not supported (Error in Infopath 2010) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Selected rich text formatting options are not supported (Error in Infopath 2010)

Last post 10-03-2017 11:50 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2016 11:31 AM

Selected rich text formatting options are not supported (Error in Infopath 2010)

I'm trying to publish a Info Path form to SharePoint and I'm getting an error message “The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in Info Path Filler because it contains features that are not compatible with Web Browsers. To fix the problem, close this dialog and review the errors in the Design Checker task pane”. I checked the designer checker pane for the errors and the errors are "selected rich text formatting options are not supported". I've checked the form and none of the fields in the form are rich text fields. What could be the possible reasons for the error?
  • 06-03-2016 03:02 PM In reply to

Re: Selected rich text formatting options are not supported (Error in Infopath 2010)

Can I see a copy of the form? You can attach it under the Options tab in a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2016 05:26 PM In reply to

Re: Selected rich text formatting options are not supported (Error in Infopath 2010)

Hillary,

I've attached the form. Please check the template and let me know what is causing the errors in the form. Any help is highly appreciated.  
    Just to let you know the values in the category and division fields in the form come from an external data source which is a SharePoint list.

Thanks 

• 06-06-2016 10:19 AM In reply to

Well how weird - I've never seen anything like this! So - I created a new view, copied and pasted everything from the default view in, deleted the original view, and the errors go away. I think that would be the simplest fix, don't you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-03-2017 10:57 AM In reply to

• BlakeT
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-08-2015
    • UK
    • Posts 10

I've also encountered this error over the last few days trying to diagnose it, I'm much further into a solution, 89 errors and 458 info errors. managed to reduce down to 13 by reformatting one of the many rich text fields I have but the last 13 were stubborn and would not go.

tried the copy into new view and they miraculously disappeared - FRUSTRATION!!!

Proves it works though.

Thanks 

Blake Tague
    Senior Developer
  • 10-03-2017 11:50 AM In reply to

Thanks for the data point - IP views in my experience occasionally end up with some weird corruption that only a new view will fix.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.