Conditional formatting within a hidden section - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Conditional formatting within a hidden section

Last post 05-23-2016 06:36 AM by Mark Helberg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2016 06:46 AM

Conditional formatting within a hidden section

I have created a form that has multiple buttons with conditional formatting to disable the button if a people picker field has not been populated with an individual. Upon initially opening the form in a browser all of the formatting works just like it should. However, there are also sections within the form that are hidden unless a user checks a box if needed to complete. Within those hidden sections after reopening the form to edit, the conditional formatting disappears or stops functioning like it originally did allowing the buttons to be selected without the people picker populated. This is causing issues for the workflow and notifying people correctly. Does anybody know why this is occurring or how I can correct? Thank you in advance!
  • 05-22-2016 03:51 PM In reply to

Re: Conditional formatting within a hidden section

Hi Mark,

This will definitely work.

Right click your check boxes and choose Brower tab and make sure they are set to "Always" post back. That should fix it while the form is open.

When the form reopens, your conditional formatting should work just fine. If not, check the values of the check-boxes. Perhaps it's the difference between TRUE/FALSE, and 1/0.

Please feel free to email us and we can help in real time.

Cheers, 

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-23-2016 06:36 AM In reply to

Re: Conditional formatting within a hidden section

Hi Patrick - Thank you for the response. I had tried modifying the post back settings but the form is working properly when initially opened, although it didn't seem to help when reopening. I have narrowed the problem down further to only occurring with conditional formatting on buttons on which I am disabling if a people picker field is blank. For some reason upon re-opening the form seems to think the people picker field is no longer blank and the buttons become selectable even if there is nobody selected?
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.