Infopath 2010 - Multi-line textbox not Word Wrapping in Chrome - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2010 - Multi-line textbox not Word Wrapping in Chrome

Last post 05-24-2016 10:46 AM by rayzermatic. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2016 10:05 AM

Infopath 2010 - Multi-line textbox not Word Wrapping in Chrome

Hi,

I have some forms (pretty much every single one of them) that have multi-line textboxes in lieu of the big overhead rich text box.

The textboxes have performed well, but now, many customers (other departments) are changing from IE to Chrome, and the multi-line textboxes are not wrapping the text when Chrome renders the page.

It appears Chrome does this whether you are entering new text or simply displaying text in an existing form. It doesn't matter what, it simply won't wrap the text.

I have googled and read where my only option is to go in and change all my multi-line textboxes to Rich text which is not what I want to do.

Are there any other options?

Thanks... 

• 05-16-2016 05:26 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2010 - Multi-line textbox not Word Wrapping in Chrome

Hi Rayzermatic,

Well, you could use a repeating section with one text box and remove the border so it looks like one box and then set the display to automatically tab when it hits the width of the line (80 characters) and using a rule to increase the count and pre-added default values to your repeating section you can conditionally show non-blank or current active blank row (the field would track the current active row). Then you add an eval(eval(concat(...))  to the default value for your multi-line.

Wouldn't take an hour to prototype this, but would definitely be more than 20-30 minutes. 

Send me email if you need help.

Cheers!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-24-2016 08:13 AM In reply to

Patrick - I am having same issue...did you ever help Ray sort this out?
  • 05-24-2016 10:46 AM In reply to

Okay...I've been reading around but have NOT figured this thing out.

I did read somewhere it was because of a CSS issue for the html text box input control. They said the CSS class that InfoPath saves in it's forms is old and is now read differently in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and any browsers going forward.

I think the real fix is not possible without changing the master CSS InfoPath uses to create forms, and I have no clue where to look for that. (I wonder if all that is hard coded somewhere in the executable, or in some file somewhere. InfoPath gurus probably know.) 

So does anyone know how to get to the CSS InfoPath uses when creating the forms?

Thanks,

Ray 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.