SharePoint External Content Type - want more than 150 characters. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint External Content Type - want more than 150 characters.

Last post 04-18-2016 05:15 AM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2016 04:40 AM

SharePoint External Content Type - want more than 150 characters.

I am using SharePoint 2010.

I have an External Content Type for which I have created an InfoPath form.  The External Content Type is reading/writing from/to an SQL database.  This is all working fine.

User feedback is that they want to enter more detail in one of the text fields - (Justification) 

I have updated the SQL database for the Justification field to be nvarchar(MAX)

I have refreshed External Content Type connection.  In SharePoint designer creation operation shows that Justification has a .net type of system.string.   I have tried creating a new table on the ECT and new InfoPath form - but the InfoPath form kicks in with some validation on the Justification field to only allow 150 characters. (This is not validation I have put in.)

What else do I need to do to allow more data to be added to the Justification field? 

Thank you

Catharine 

• 04-18-2016 05:15 AM In reply to

Re: SharePoint External Content Type - want more than 150 characters.

Hi Catharine,

Have you tried reconverting the main data connection from within InfoPath? Hopefully, that will get it to see the new schema.

Good luck!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.