SetValue command not working in browser-enabled form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SetValue command not working in browser-enabled form

Last post 03-28-2016 12:40 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-27-2016 03:38 PM

SetValue command not working in browser-enabled form

Hello!

I am having a strange issue with SetValue - the command is working perfectly in InfoPath filler but not in the browser (my form is browser-enabled). I would be happy to attach my form to this post but it is just over 500 KB. I am also unable to email it because my company policy blocks sending InfoPath forms. Please let me know if there is any other way I can attach my file to this site for your review.

I use SetValue with the concat function:  concat("SetValue /xpath=my:myFields/my:Budget/my:Budget_Section/my:Expense_Section/my:Expense_Fields/my:No_of_Part[../my:No_of_Part='' or ../my:No_of_Part='", QTY_Tracker, "'] /value=", .)

I am using the above to set the No_of_Part repeating field (part of the Expense Fields repeating table). The function runs as a rule when a field which is outside of the repeating table is changed. Everything works great in InfoPath filler but not in the browser.

Please help. Thank you! 

• 03-28-2016 07:38 AM In reply to

Re: SetValue command not working in browser-enabled form

On the control bound to the field with the rule, under the control's properties, find the browser tab. Set postback to always, republish and try again. Controls that execute qRules commands need postback set to always in the browser.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-28-2016 09:47 AM In reply to

That worked! Thank you very much, you're the best Hilary!

• 03-28-2016 12:40 PM In reply to

Glad that worked. Hey, if you aren't already signed up for this week's webinar, I'm doing a qRules 101 you may want to check out! http://www.qdabra.com/en/training/FreeWebinar.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.