Paste Rule is not enabled - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Paste Rule is not enabled

Last post 01-26-2017 03:55 PM by Jimmie McCullough. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2016 11:30 AM

Paste Rule is not enabled

I'm using InfoPath 2013 with Office 365 and I noticed that on all of my forms when I try to copy and paste a Rule the paste option is always grayed out. I used to be able to copy and paste rules. I'm fairly certain I was able to copy and paste rules even after the upgrade to Office 365. I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this problem. Also the Paste button in the Rules pane is NOT grayed out, so I'm allowed to click it, but the paste does not occur. I tried opening up a new form and got the same results. Also my form type is InfoPath Filler Form 2007. Thanks, Corey
  • 03-17-2016 11:48 AM In reply to

Re: Paste Rule is not enabled

So - if you create a new blank form, and add rules, you also can't copy / paste those? That is, this is not just limited to IP 2007 forms? I have occasionally had issues with rules pasting (same symptoms you describe) - but mainly it has been when I've got a few buttons with the same name, which confuses InfoPath....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-13-2017 06:40 AM In reply to

Re: Paste Rule is not enabled

I'm having the same issue with IP13 (I'm trying to copy rules form one text box to another). I can copy the formatting rules (after hitting the copy or copy all icon a few times) but validation and action rules won't copy/paste (The paste icon turns back grey). Even if I copy/paste the whole text box and then change the binding, the validation and action rules disappear. I know it's copying something, I can paste it outside IP13: view1.xslCTRL145-1 It just won't let me paste it to another control, or even duplicate it in the same control(text box). I'm currently in IP13 working on a IP07 form. But if I create a new IP13 form and try to copy/paste, it doesn't work there either
  • 01-13-2017 02:30 PM In reply to

That is so weird - esp. since it reproduces in a new form. What operating system / IP version? If you look under File> Account > About InfoPath you can find the version. Screenshots can be attached under the Options tab in a reply. If you haven't already, maybe try running a repair on Office?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-26-2017 03:55 PM In reply to

I wondered if it had anything to do with me running 32-bit office on a 64-bit windows 7 machine. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.