unable to open infopath 2010 in browser after injected Qrules 7.2 version - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

unable to open infopath 2010 in browser after injected Qrules 7.2 version

Last post 05-06-2016 03:50 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2016 04:56 PM In reply to

Re: unable to open infopath 2010 in browser after injected Qrules 7.2 version

When I tried it, I got a technical error from SharePoint, and I could not find the number in the logs, which I thought was odd.  I have not had the chance to follow up with my SharePoint Administrator as to why this might have occurred.  I hope to get with him tomorrow and have him go through the process with me.  I may have missed a step.  I will certainly post a reply once I find out. 

Laurie Wheeler
  • 05-04-2016 09:21 AM In reply to

We got the form to deploy through central admin on our development server. 

However, our SharePoint admin is being a little reluctant to want this form done this way, prefers it be deployed sandboxed and is hesitant to just 'max' the user code services threshold with the powershell.  So, is there a way to know determine the bare minimum needed?  It there some formula or rule of thumb we can use?

Laurie Wheeler
  • 05-04-2016 11:24 AM In reply to

Did you receive a Correlation ID that you can find in the logs?  I recommend using Merge-SPLogFile to find the log entries, as it will pull together the logs from all the servers.

If the error is caused by exceeding a sandbox limit, it should show in the logs.  You can then adjust the specific setting that is being exceeded.

• 05-04-2016 12:42 PM In reply to

When InfoPath designer publishes the form, there isn't any correlation ID to refer to in the logs.  Our admin maxed out the limits and the form did publish 'sandboxed' on our production server (which has a test site on it).  Then he changed the limits back.  Our Dev server has the limits maxed out so I can keep going with development of the next pieces that will use qRules.

So.. We are at a good point!  

I noticed however.  The Form size has inflated..  form size was 261KB before being injected with qRules, after qRules was injected it went to 268KB. I made a copy of the form as backup and opened the original form, didn't make any changes, just performed a save to disk. The file size inflated to 411KB, and now is 412KB after another copy and open and save.  

There any known issues with qRules possibly inflating the size of the file? 

Laurie Wheeler
  • 05-05-2016 07:36 AM In reply to

qRules will initially increase the file size because of adding a code DLL and data connection. I've not seen a re-save causing the size to increase again - I'll see if I can reproduce this (it will be later this week or early next before I have a chance).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-05-2016 07:52 AM In reply to

Let me know what you find out.  Here are the steps I went through.   

example file name file1.xsn  with NOT changes being done.

1. right click on file1.xsn file and drag a copy into the same folder.  file1.xsn and file1 - copy.xsn are same size: 261KB
    2. Injected file1.xsn file with qRules (file1.xsn size 268KB)
    3. Open injected file1.xsn in design mode (no changes made)
    4. Saved file1.xsn and closed. (file1.xsn size now 411KB)
    5. right click on file1.xsn and drag another copy into the same folder. file1.xsn is now 413KB and file1 - copy(2).xsn is 412KB

Laurie Wheeler
  • 05-05-2016 08:01 AM In reply to

You have my email - can you send me both files? I'd like to diff them in WinMerge.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-06-2016 03:50 PM In reply to

I compared the source files - virtually the same between one of the smaller forms injected w/ qRules & one of the larger. I also created a blank test form and followed the same steps - after the initial increase in size from injecting qRules, there was a minor size bump on re-save (mainly it looks like the manifest.xsf increased in size when InfoPath changed some of the XML), but nothing like this. So I took a different qRules injected form I have for a client, which is 343 kb to being with - and followed your steps of copying and re-opening in design mode - no size change.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.