Fill an InfoPath dropdown based on a person in sharepoint list being assigned any combination of three category items - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Fill an InfoPath dropdown based on a person in sharepoint list being assigned any combination of three category items

Last post 03-01-2016 05:39 AM by rayzermatic. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2016 09:02 AM

Fill an InfoPath dropdown based on a person in sharepoint list being assigned any combination of three category items

InfoPath 2010 SharePoint 2010 

I need to fill an InfoPath (IP) dropdown based on a person being assigned any combination of three categories. The people are contained SharePoint (SP) list in the following format:
    1. Title (contains the UserID)
    2. DisplayName (the name that is displayed in the dropdown the user chooses) 
    3. Categories (Is an SP "Choice" field that creates a repeating value of choices) The choices available are one of 3: Red, Yellow, Green.

The form has 3 check boxes one for each choice above. (Red, Yellow, Green.) In either case, more than one category may be selected in either place and the form's dropdown needs to be able to pull up all those in the SP list that meet the criteria.

Can anyone (Hilary) be able to help me on this? 

Thanks.

• 02-29-2016 09:24 AM In reply to

Re: Fill an InfoPath dropdown based on a person in sharepoint list being assigned any combination of three category items

So - you need to get the Title from the secondary data connection where the categories match? Can you attach a sample to a reply with your data connections in place? I should be able to help you w/ the formula.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-01-2016 05:39 AM In reply to

Re: Fill an InfoPath dropdown based on a person in sharepoint list being assigned any combination of three category items

I just got word that they are dropping the Director approval requirement for this form. They said they did to not want to add another duty to their ever-increasing workload.

At some time later on, I do want to learn how to "properly" do this as I see I will probably need this function again later.

Thanks 

Oh yeah, since this thread will probably not help anyone, feel free to delete the entire thread. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.