Dynamic Hyperlink. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dynamic Hyperlink.

Last post 03-21-2016 02:16 AM by Rajakrishna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2016 02:08 AM

Dynamic Hyperlink.

Hello, I have created a form which has field to capture number. I would need another filed which would have a hyperlink ending with that captured number. For example: Insert number: XXXX Link for Number: https://www.example.com/ajshdajhd/fabfjba/asboasb= I would need number inserted to appear in the space given as <> and when the form is submitted it should appear as a complete hyperlink and not a broken one. Can someone help me with this please?
  • 03-21-2016 12:45 AM In reply to

Hello, I think you can create dynamic hyperlink by using field for Hyperlink address as follows:  (assuming InfoPath form library form)

1. In InfoPath Designer, add a field to keep dynamic link address to Main data source. Set its value with default value, or via rule.
    2. Click Hyper Link under Insert ribbon menu
    3. Select Data source, and specify Link To: as Data source, and select the field added in the previous step.
    4. You can select Text for fixed label, or another field for dynamic label for Display.

• 03-21-2016 12:49 AM In reply to

Hello, Thank you for looking into this, one that you have suggested would just add a hyperlink only. What I am looking for is. Assuming that we have a filed name with value as abc1. I would need my link to end with abc1 like: https://www.example.com/ajshdajhd/fabfjba/asboasb=abc1
  • 03-21-2016 01:05 AM In reply to

OK, what you need is just "Set its value with default value, or via rule", as in step 1.

1-a: Double click the field for dynamic url.

1-b: click fx for default value

1-c:  set the formula for the dynamic link address, for example, concat("fixed part", field). Click OK

1-d: make sure to check  "Refresh value when formula is recalculated"

Or you can set rules for fields that initiate recalculation, if you need more complex condition or calculation for the dynamic address.  

• 03-21-2016 01:32 AM In reply to

WOOOOOOWWW!!!!! You are just Amazing!!. It has resolved issue!! Thanks a lot for it. This has basically resolved my primary issue however I have a bit next level complex issue here. I have a drop down which has values say xyz, xyz1, abc , abc1, abc2 I have two links, one corresponding to xyz and another corresponding to abc. What I am looking for right now is: When a user selects xyz series numbers link for corresponding xyz should appear. and when user selects abc series numbers then link for corresponding abc should appear. Can you please help me how to achieve this?
  • 03-21-2016 01:44 AM In reply to

Then, use rule to set the value of LinkRL as described 'you can set rules for fields that initiate recalculation, if you need more complex condition or calculation for the dynamic address.'

1. Click dropdown, then click Manage Rules in Home menu ribbon
    2. Add New Action rule
    3. Set condition for xyz series. such as Number begins with 'xyz',
    4. Then add Set Field rule.
    5. Specify Field as LinkURL. Set value with similar to the previous method
    6. Add one more New Action rule, then add condition, and rule.

• 03-21-2016 02:16 AM In reply to

And that was just Amazing!! It worked very well for me!. Considering you have been a savior for issue, would you be kind enough to look into this as well? http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/30970/105616.aspx#105616
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.