Unable to use cascading dropdowns with SharePoint lists - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unable to use cascading dropdowns with SharePoint lists

Last post 02-21-2016 07:39 PM by infopath_user. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2016 07:39 PM

Unable to use cascading dropdowns with SharePoint lists

Hi All,

I have created a basic Infopath 2010 form from a blank template that uses 2 sharepoint lists as an input source for the data to 2 dropdown lists. The first list is Titled "Type" and has values such as INCA, DA, Transcription Interface etc. The second list "Report Category" has 2 columns Title and Type_lookup. The Type_lookup column in this second list is tied to the first list and will be used to pull up the values in the second dropdown based on the selections in the first.

I have shared a link to the video that shows the steps to create this Inforpath form and add a filter for Title= Type_lookup so that the values can be automatically populated in the second dropdown.

However, as seen in the video my second dropdown does not work and there is some flaw in either the form creation steps or the logic.

Can someone please review the video and let me know what I may be doing incorrectly so that I can get this to work.

Video link: http://expirebox.com/download/ed6e7a123107600f62c9d740d6f0f06d.html

The file is about 13 MB in size and also Please change the file extension to .mp4 after you have downloaded the file .

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Nimish 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.