Limit the results of a Repeating Table, Secondary Source? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Limit the results of a Repeating Table, Secondary Source?

Last post 01-27-2016 05:25 PM by Kaoru Okumura. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2016 10:21 AM

Limit the results of a Repeating Table, Secondary Source?

Hello, I have a repeating table that is populated from a secondary data source. All of the line items in the data source successfully create a row in the repeating table. I have been able to "hide" elements of the table using formatting rules, however, I want to take this further and filter the results that display in the repeating table. For example, the repeating table pulls in a list of employees. I want to be able to filter this based on another combo box with their location. So only show the rows of the repeating table where the location equals, say, New York. This would give me employees in NY. I can not figure out how to filter a repeating table that has a secondary data source. Thank you!
  • 01-27-2016 05:25 PM In reply to

Re: Limit the results of a Repeating Table, Secondary Source?

Attached  a sample form... please modify the data connection to fit your environment  

Key point is the condition for the formatting rule on the repeating table.

Condition: Location(in the secondary source) is not equal to Location(in the main data source, associated to the combo box ) 

or if you prefer reading it in expression, it means  d:Location != xdXDocument:get-DOM()/my:myFields/my:Location 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.