The Form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InFoPath Filler because it contains Features that are not compatible with Web browsers - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The Form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InFoPath Filler because it contains Features that are not compatible with Web browsers

Last post 08-30-2018 04:56 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2016 09:37 AM

• blphu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2014
    • Posts 17

The Form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InFoPath Filler because it contains Features that are not compatible with Web browsers

Hello everyone,

I know this has been posted before and I looked at some of the solutions suggested in this forum.  However, I am lost.  I am on Office 365/SharePoint environment.  I  have tried all different Security and Trust settings on my form but nothing seems to work.  Could someone please point me in the direction?

Thanks so much! 

• 01-26-2016 09:57 AM In reply to

Re: The Form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InFoPath Filler because it contains Features that are not compatible with Web browsers

Your form should be set to domain trust. Forms with code go into the Sandbox in Office 365, since they can't be admin deployed. This means you must be a site collection admin - are you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-26-2016 10:03 AM In reply to

• blphu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2014
    • Posts 17

Re: The Form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InFoPath Filler because it contains Features that are not compatible with Web browsers

Hi Hilary, I just tried Domain Trust and it's the same. I am not the collection admin, I am granted Site Owners permission. Does that help?
  • 01-26-2016 10:09 AM In reply to

To publish a browser form with code to a library, you must be a site collection admin. Can you have your admin try publishing?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-26-2016 10:11 AM In reply to

• blphu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2014
    • Posts 17

Will try that. Thanks!
  • 11-09-2016 11:29 AM In reply to

• veerr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-28-2016
    • Posts 24

If the form doesn't have any code still we need site collection level permissions to publish the form ?
  • 08-30-2018 02:49 PM In reply to

Hello, I have the same issue where I am not able to publish infopath forms to )365 which I was able to do months ago. Gives me error published but can only edit using infopath filler. I am greyed out for setting in the form settings and can only see few of them. Is there a way to publish the form?
  • 08-30-2018 04:56 PM In reply to

Sandbox has been disabled in Office 365 - so qRules forms can no longer be published as browser forms there. FormsViewer, which is our replacement for InfoPath Forms Services, supports qRules forms in Office 365 - more info here:  http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/FormsViewer.aspx

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.