Form only publishing in filler mode... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form only publishing in filler mode...

Last post 01-15-2016 09:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2016 09:31 AM

Form only publishing in filler mode...

Hi

I am using SharePoint 2010.  I have a form which is pointing to an external list in SharePoint.

It has been working fine. 

I have now had to change the form - to display one extra field on the form (it was already in the data source so), and to change 3 calculations so they include that field

I have republished and get the warning

The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in the InfoPath filler because it contains features that are not compatible with web browsers.  To fix this problem, close the dialog and review the errors in the Designer Checker task pane.

There are no errors in the design checker - but it does say "Could not verify the form template on the specified server"

I have tried from a machine running office 2013 and a machine running office 2010  slightly different errors in each case.

Any ideas ? 

Jim did help me with a very similar issue before Christmas - and I thought we had fixed it - but obviously not....

Catharine 

• 01-15-2016 09:51 AM In reply to

Re: Form only publishing in filler mode...

Hi, Catharine, Happy New Year!

When you get this in Design Checker, it usually means "This won't publish as a browser form". :)

Here is what I usually do. I make a copy of the form to tear down. I then create a new blank view, and remove all other views one at a time, running design checker after each change. This lets me narrow the issue - if it is something in the view, the design checker will return its usual list of warnings instead of "could not verify".

If, with all views except a new blank view removed, I still get that message from design checker, I start removing rules, usually in batches, keeping track of what I've removed, and running design checker. The last time I did this, the issue was a rule condition where a group had been selected with the condition "is blank" - IPFS did NOT like that.

If the issue is a view, I usually create a new copy of the form and remove parts of the view, running design checker as I go - again to narrow the issue down.

Hope that helps - 

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.