Error message "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields. " - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error message "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields. "

Last post 12-03-2015 05:57 AM by Catharine. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2015 07:47 AM

Error message "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields. "

Hi

I am running SharePoint 2010 and using InfoPath 2010 with Qrules installed.

I am getting the error message above – when trying to change the order of forms in a form library.

The form is an Infopath2010 form admin deployed – does promote columns  The form itself runs ok from the library.  (Although another symptom – possibly connected – is that I cannot start any workflows on the form – manually or automatically)

Using the same form -

I have tried creating another library in the same site with the same error

I have tried creating another library in the same site collection with the same error.

I have tried creating another library in another site collection with the same error.

I have gone back to the original site and created a new library and used a different form – and did not get the error.

I added the “problem” form in the same library – and got the error. 

I have looked at the columns being promoted and I have changed the names so they are all created new in the content type.  I have tried renaming the published form after changing all the names and re deploying from central admin and I still get the error.

I have tried re-injecting the Q-rules - and still get the error.  This form is due to go live in the next few days and really want to have it "error free" before lots of people start using it. 

So I am relatively convinced this error is linked to the form.

Has anyone got ideas ?

Catharine

• 12-03-2015 05:57 AM In reply to

Re: Error message "One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields. "

I have managed to fix this now.  I don't know exactly what field was causing the problem.

I deleted the form from central admin.  I deleted the content type from the site collection.  I deleted the form related site columns from the site collection. 

Then deleted all the property promotion in the form and re-published and deployed through admin.  This worked ok - I then promoted the properties again, being sure to create a new column.

A good lesson learned. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.