The specified data connection is not present - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

The specified data connection is not present

Last post 08-26-2015 07:32 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2015 12:45 PM

The specified data connection is not present

Hi, I am building a form with multiple line items and attachments similar to the knowledge article called "qRules and SharePoint-related Commands.pdf" http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry61475.aspx. I am getting below error (Followed the article till page 10) See attached. I have tired /id=/my:myFields/my:group1/my:group2/my:ID as well as /id=my:ID Error: The specified data connection is not present. Extended Details: Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.RulesLibraryException: Error: The specified data connection is not present. at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.VerifyDataConnectionExists(String domName) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.SubmitToSharePointList.Execute() at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.CommandStarter.Run() at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.RunCommand(Commands command) at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand()
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-25-2015 12:55 PM In reply to

Re: The specified data connection is not present

Mapping attached
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-25-2015 01:01 PM In reply to

In your command, you have a space after /submit= before the name of your data connection of ShPSubmit. Since your data connection doesn't have a space before it, you are getting the error. You should probably map your ID and Attachments in the mapping tool - looks like the guide you are following is quite old and in need of an update. :) I see how the space happened, I think you may have copied the command from the document and it showed up from the copy /paste. At any rate, you can use this command, using relative paths: SubmitToSharePointList /submit=ShPSubmit /mapping=mapping /id=my:ID /dsname=AddAttachment /xpath=my:attachments/my:attachmentFile /uniqueName=yes
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-25-2015 09:09 PM In reply to

Thanks Hilary. You were right I copied the example implementation command which had those spaces. It did work after removing the spaces. I thought that this article is applicable for SPS 2010. Further in the article the section where RefreshSharePointListItems COMMAND uses "receive connection to the list using owssvr.dll" and for SharePoint 2010, owssvr.dll will no longer return the Modified column from the list unless it is in the view. Since RefreshSharePointListItems uses this date time field to determine if the form data is the latest, you either need to include the Modfied column in your default view, or specify the view you wish to use, by GUID, in the link. For example: http:///_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&List={A0661206-6F8A-4271-B5E4-AA66388ED28A}&View={C09033A2-9913-4B11-82CE-B810FDB70854}&XMLDATA=TRUE&NOREDIRECT=TRUE. I did add Modified to default view.but since companies block access to "owssvr.dll", receive connection cannot be configured and throws an error while configuring the connection. Can you tell me what will be the work around. I intend to follow all the steps mentioned in the article as they are very relevant to the kind of requirements I am going to implementation. Also find the revised mapping file based on your feedback and let me know if I am going on the right track. But firstly I need to find an alternative to "owssvr.dll" based implementation. Thanks a lot.
    Surya Saripalli
  • 08-26-2015 07:32 AM In reply to

By older version, I meant that guide was written for qRules 2.3. Don't use the view parameter in the owssvr.dll data connection. What is the error you get when you configure the connection? Does the URL you are using work in the browser?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.