Update Display Field after Form Load rule changes value - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Update Display Field after Form Load rule changes value

Last post 07-29-2015 10:07 AM by Carphunter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2015 08:43 AM

    Update Display Field after Form Load rule changes value

    I've got various field values that get set on form load. Some of these fields get changed more than once on form load, and i'm noticing the displayed fields on the form don't change after the initial load or first time the value is changed by a rule, regardless of how subsequent rules in the Form Load rule have changed the value. (I do know the rules are changing the actual value, though) is there a way to force the display fields to change the displayed value whenever a rule changes them? On first glance, I see a Refresh value when form is recalculated check box for the fields...but that is grayed out....so not sure it applies to what i'm doing
  • 07-29-2015 08:49 AM In reply to

    Re: Update Display Field after Form Load rule changes value

     How do you know that the field is being changed by rules if the value displayed on the form is not changing? My guess would be that the rules aren't doing what you think they should be... :) If you save the file and look at the XML, I think you'll find that the displayed value matches the value for the field in the XML.

    Maybe take a look at the rule inspector for the field in question and see if you have any logic you don't recall, or you can attach a copy of your form under the Options tab in a reply if you'd like me to take a look.  

    Hilary Stoupa

  • 07-29-2015 10:07 AM In reply to

    Re: Update Display Field after Form Load rule changes value

    Ugh, never mind.

    Two things were happening....

    The most important of the two was that I didn't realize  that if you haven't expressly set the accountname query field for a userprofile query connection... it appears to default to whomever is logged in and processes that info...instead of erroring out and telling you that field hasn't been set for the query.

    My rules were setting a field that was then to be plugged into the accountname query field.   The rules weren't working, but the process proceeded with the current logged in user  so I got a false-positive that the rules worked.

    I put in various flags to monitor what was going on and caught this.   

      

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.