Auto populate based on Choice field, and disable field based on Choice field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Auto populate based on Choice field, and disable field based on Choice field

Last post 10-12-2015 12:47 AM by abiigdog. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2015 07:43 AM

Auto populate based on Choice field, and disable field based on Choice field

Hello, Newbie here! 

I am creating a form, and in the status field I have active or canceled as a choice. If active is choosen I want to black out the cancellation field as it is n/a, however if canceled I want to be able to enter a date from date picker.

I tried doing a rule with validation, but it is not working

Kindly,

Shannon

Shannon Martin
    SharePoint Admin
    MartinShannonM@JohnDeere.com
  • 10-12-2015 12:47 AM In reply to

Re: Auto populate based on Choice field, and disable field based on Choice field

I assume you are not using a drop down but using two checkbox fields? If so I would create three sections, put a single check box in two of the sections and a date picker in the 3rd section.

Then create a rule on the checkboxes. If the Active checkbox is checked then hide the section containing the Cancelled checkbox. You didn't specify but I assume the date picker field is only valid if the cancelled checkbox choice is used, if so then on the section containing the date picker use the formatting rule and the formula would be if the cancelled checkbox is blank then hide the section. You could also create a rule on the cancelled check box to hide the Active checkbox section if you like. Hope that makes sense!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.