View switching to default view when querying - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

View switching to default view when querying

Last post 10-30-2006 10:29 AM by auerdl. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2006 08:03 AM

• auerdl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2006
    • USA
    • Posts 6

View switching to default view when querying

I have 2 views. "Enter New" to submit new data. "Search" to search for data.
    I am connected to an Access DB. Both views look simular except for the Submit vs Query buttons. "Enter New" has Submit and "Search" has Query.

In the "Search" view, I click the query button and it switches me to the "Enter New" view and displays the data. I want it to stay on the "Search" view to display the data. It has a mind of it's own.
  • 10-25-2006 11:29 PM In reply to

Re: View switching to default view when querying

Hi Deb and welcome to our forum,
    You can use your own rules, buttons, and query adapters to customise the experience. I'm not sure why your forum is switching to the other view, but it may have something to do with the rules around the existing Search button. Go to Designer, double click on Search. Click on Rules to see if there are any rules. If not, check to make sure the form doesn't have any code.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 10-26-2006 05:26 AM In reply to

Hi Deb and Patrick,
    Its not because of any rules or any code behind.
    Even I noticed that it happens in the following condition.

I built a form using the "New from Dataconnection" option.And I drag all the query and data fields to the default view i.e View1.

Now if I add the "Run Query" button and "New Record" button to another view say View2.I also add the query and data fields to View 2.

Now in View2, if I click the "Run Query"(or even the New Record) button, the view changes to the default view i.e View1.

Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 10-27-2006 12:14 AM In reply to

Hi Abhishek,
    I should have checked forms built from "New from Dataconnection". I also should have realized that InfoPath automatically adds this for those schemas. Sorry for the bad advice.

At any rate, don't use "New from Dataconnection" to create forms. If you do, you can still fix this to not switch to the default view by adding a custom button with a custom action to call the query data connection.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 10-27-2006 02:26 AM In reply to

Hi Patrick,
    I had this problem long time back and I remember,I solved this problem exactly the same way as u said.
    Regards,
    Abhishek
  • 10-30-2006 10:29 AM In reply to

• auerdl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2006
    • USA
    • Posts 6

Thank you for your help.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.