Remove text from field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Remove text from field

Last post 07-06-2015 01:17 PM by Carphunter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2015 11:49 AM

Remove text from field

On form load, I'm picking up either the username or accountname from sharepoint's user profile service.

we get different formats of the name depending on browser or how the user was entered into our profile service.

so... I want to set a rule that looks at the field we retrieve and remove extraneous domain information.

example:   a clean username might be jblow123.   but we may get back from the system DOMAINNAME\jblow123, or jblow123@domain.com.  Or... DOMAINNAME\jblow123@domain.com.

I want to make a couple of rules that say, if the returned username contains DOMAINNAME\, remove it from the string; then, if username contains @domain.com, remove it from string.

I believe this can be done with a couple of concat rules... but I'm not good at those, so looking for help. 

• 07-02-2015 04:03 PM In reply to

See the attached sample - I put the rules on a button instead of on form load, but they could be put on form load. Save the sample locally, right click and select design, then preview. Modify the value in field1 to test variations.

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2015 01:17 PM In reply to

Thanks once again for the help. Looks like that does just what i need.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.