Dynamic email form to post to sharepoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dynamic email form to post to sharepoint

Last post 06-20-2015 06:40 AM by smokingmango. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2015 06:40 AM

Dynamic email form to post to sharepoint

Hello, obviously new here, I am familiar with sharepoint, but not with infopath. Here is what I got that i am trying to make simpler...first I work for a world wide company and we manage over 3 million computers..We use SCCM to push these software out to these users. Once we either push the software out to them or we need some additional information from them we send them a email with the name of the software that was pushed out and what to do and not to do once it starts downloading to their computer. All for documentation purposes. So currently the process is, we have a prebuilt email in Outlook that to use it, we must reply to it, and change out the name of the last person we sent it too. Then we take the ticket number of that ticket we are working on and post it to our sharepoint site with the status. What I would like to do is make a Infopath form and on this form has a to field *if it links to exchange great* then a field for the name of the App installed and for the ticket number for the subject line. Then have a drop down for the different options that we need to send the email to the user i.e the software has been install, or need computer name, or manual install...so forth, which will auto populate the information. Once all this is done, I would like to hit send and the ticket number post to share point, and depending on the option we selected it will post the ticket number and what action was done. I can write most of this in Html/Css/Jquery...but the only part I can get to work is connecting it to sharepoint. This is why I am thinking infopath would be the right path. Is this do able and if so what is the path to get this done? Thanks Will
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.