Rich Text Line Breaks - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rich Text Line Breaks

Last post 04-18-2007 11:33 AM by Alphamax. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2007 02:02 PM

Rich Text Line Breaks

I have an InfoPath form a that contains a Rich Text (XHTML) Data Type that I publish to SharePoint as plain text (the only option I get when publishing). This Field's data is captured in InfoPath using a Rich Text Box that has Paragraph Breaks and Wrap Text checked. Now when I submit a form to SharePoint 2003, the field has no line breaks and puts all the text into one big text field. I also have another InfoPath form that receives data from that field in SharePoint (Read-Only).

My question is, is there a way to send the Rich text to SharePoint along with the line breaks included? Also when I use my receiving InfoPath form, is there a also a way to retrieve that Field along with the line breaks included?
    Thanks

@lphamax
  • 04-12-2007 11:31 PM In reply to

Hi

Try doing this, delete the Rich Text box control and add a Rich text box control with Paragraph and wrap text properties set.This might help you.
    Madhuri
    http://www.ggktech.com
  • 04-12-2007 11:47 PM In reply to

Hi Alphamax,

Some change in Madhuri's answer, Instead of taking Rich Text box control take text box with multiline option where your text reflects that you type text.

means your text that you entered in the one Rich text box is reflecting in the another Rich Text box, There remove Rich Text box and take text box with multiline option you will get the result.

Hope this will help you.
    B.Shiva Prasad
    InfoPath Dev,
    India
  • 04-13-2007 08:33 AM In reply to

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get the data from info path to Sharepoint with the multi line effect. Only problem now is that my text gets trancated. Is there a way to allow more than a limited number of characters?

Also when I use my other Info path form (the Read-Only), The data its getting from sharepoint is includes the trancated data but no multiline

Thanks
    Thanks

@lphamax
  • 04-17-2007 03:21 AM In reply to

Hi Alphamax,

Check whether the field in the Read-Only form that is getting the truncated data is having the "Wrap text" option. If not doublt click the field in the Read-Only form and go to "Display" tab and check the "Wrap text" check box. So that you will get the data by wrapping.

B.Shiva Prasad
    InfoPath Dev,
    India
  • 04-18-2007 11:33 AM In reply to

Thanks for the help, however, due to time constraints, I ended up splitting each paragraph into a Rich Text Field and Published each of them. This enabled me to line up the paragraphs in my Other InfoPath form (form that gets data from SharePoint) as

Paragraph 1
    Paragraph 2
    Paragraph 3
    Paragraph 4

Not the best way since it uses up fields but did produce the desired results

Thanks

@lphamax
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.