Multiple Choice List column use as Filter in InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiple Choice List column use as Filter in InfoPath

Last post 05-01-2015 06:42 AM by BejeweledOne. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2015 06:42 AM

Multiple Choice List column use as Filter in InfoPath

I am not sure if this can be done easily or at all, but here goes.

I have a form for requesting phones.  The phone choice are made from a dropdown list that displays a list of choices based on the carrier that they are associated with.    Currently I have individual entries for each phone with a carrier in the list.   So it would look like this:

iPhone 6        AT&T

iPhone 6        Verizon

Samsung Galaxy S5      AT&T

Samsung Galaxy S5     Verizon

On the form the user chooses a carrier from a list and then the dropdown of phones is filtered based on the carrier selection in the list.   So it only shows phones associated with the selected carrier.    Unfortunately this makes my list very long.    I would like to be able to make the carrier selection in the list a multiple choice field so I can have only a single entry for each phone, looking something like this:

iPhone 6      AT&T, Verizon

Samsung Galaxy S5   AT&T, Verizon

My issue is if I do this how would I accomplish the filtering.    I have tried a couple ways using a 'contains' but that doesn't seem to work.      I would like to be able to filter the dropdown to show only those items where the carrier (list column) contains the selected carrier (form field).      Is this possible without code?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.