Linking InfoPath form web parts... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Linking InfoPath form web parts...

Last post 04-14-2015 05:23 AM by CharlieBrown21. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2015 05:23 AM

Linking InfoPath form web parts...

Hi All,

A quick summary of what I have / what I'm trying to achieve:

I have a Sharepoint custom list and a SharePoint task list that need to be linked together. When an item is added to the custom list it is assigned the ID number. Then I need the user to create a task in the task list and link the task to the custom list ID. I've done this by using a Lookup column on the custom list ID column and all works fine. 

My problem is that I want an entry page for both the custom list and task list rather than users navigating directly to the lists and adding items from there.

I've created a new wiki page and added 2 InfoPath Form Web Parts to the page; one for the custom list and one for the tasks. I'm trying to connect them so that when an item is added in the custom list and the ID number is assigned, the user can then go to the web part for the tasks and add tasks and link them to the custom list item ID. I have tried to create a connection from the task list so that the Provider Name is the custom list ID number but when I go to the choose the lookup column in my task list as the Consumer Field Name, the lookup column isn't listed as an option. I can see all the other columns I created but not the lookup column.

I've tried a few things but I can't figure out where I'm going wrong! Can anyone help me please?! Thanks :) 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.