SharePoint Error when creating Task from Infopath form with workflow - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint Error when creating Task from Infopath form with workflow

Last post 03-10-2015 10:21 PM by tachiau. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-10-2015 10:21 PM

SharePoint Error when creating Task from Infopath form with workflow

Hi,

I have a Nintex 2010 workflow that runs when an InfoPath 2010 form is submitted to our SharePoint 2010 site. 

Once run, the workflow will create tasks on a separate list on the same site as the form library.

There are 4 text entry fields on the InfoPath form that are used as data for the task that gets created.

If I put nothing or 1 word with no spaces into the entry fields on the form, the workflow will create the task fine.

If I put multiple words with spaces in only 1 of the entry fields the task gets created fine. This will work for each individual entry field.

If I put multiple words with spaces in more then 1 entry field. SharePoint gives the below error.

"The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the items require a different type of information"

The data types on the form, workflow and list fields all match, the workflow appears to be logically correct (and works other then this).

I have tried adding pauses at the start of the workflow which didn't fix the issue.

I have removed the create list item action from the workflow and remade it to remove any chance that it was applying to columns that doesn't exist.

Anyone have any idea's before i go crazy :(

Thanks

Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.