Qdabra GetUserProfilebyName - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qdabra GetUserProfilebyName

Last post 08-11-2015 04:00 PM by maysinpa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2015 04:04 AM

Qdabra GetUserProfilebyName

I have noticed when running the command(GetUserProfilebyName) via the InfoPath client(hosted on 365), i'm able to retrieve department, username etc. When published and run as a web form on 365, I can only get the DIsplay name. Is this a limitation? If so is there any workaround to getting the users department on 365 platform.

Michael 

• 02-06-2015 08:50 AM In reply to

Re: Qdabra GetUserProfilebyName

Calling GetUserProfileByName in Office 365 has been a big problem.  Here is a thread on similar issue that has a workaround for getting details in the form via web part connections:  http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/22986/79536.aspx

Is the GetUserProfileByName being called automatically on load, or are you executing in a rule in the FormLoad event ?  There have been issues with executing calls on load, so you might try executing the query in a rule. 

• 02-09-2015 02:34 AM In reply to

Hi Jim,

I looked into the other posted, but have tried to follow the instructions and wasn't able to pull the fields via the webpart. I may be doing it incorrectly. Would you be able to elaborate on the steps please?

Regarding GetUserProfilebyName I have tried executing via a button and rule and still had the same issue.

Michael. 

• 08-11-2015 04:00 PM In reply to

Using it as a rule works perfectly with Office 365 and an E3 license
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.