problem with filtering list from sharepoint per username column - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

problem with filtering list from sharepoint per username column

Last post 02-09-2015 09:10 AM by kapil_kjoshi. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2015 10:47 PM

problem with filtering list from sharepoint per username column

I want to create infopath 2010 form that contains data from the sharepoint 2010 list (list of assets). This list have column with username of all employed people in my company. I want that when user open the infopath form, he see just records that contain his username. therefore, i need filter per current user, comparing username current user with username in username column. I cannot make filter because of all properties in columns from sharepoint list (secondary) is disabled.
  • 01-23-2015 01:11 AM In reply to

Re: problem with filtering list from sharepoint per username column

i used link http://www.formsonfire.com/formotus/filtering-on-a-secondary-data-source-in-infopath/ for filtering sharepoint list. i created field. this field contains username from GetUserProfileByName, but again when i put formatting filter on every filed from sharepoint list i cannot receive results like i want.
  • 02-09-2015 09:10 AM In reply to

Re: problem with filtering list from sharepoint per username column

Hi gogi,

You can achieve this with the help of repeating sections. Add your list as secondary data source with the needed fields. Place this Data on to your form, select Section with controls as the option. You will see that it creates a repeating section.

Now you have to apply the filter on the section itself and not on individual fields. Once you have saved the username with the help of GetUserProfilebyName web service, compare it with the column in this secondary data source. The rule on the section would be:

Formatting > If (Username from GetUserProfilebyName != username from secondary data source column), Hide. Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.